Finding the purrfect cat for your home has never been easier than letting PurrHarmony do most of the work for you!
How does it work?
Individuals wishing to become PurrHarmony members must first complete an adoption application. Once approved, those applicants will receive a PurrHarmony profile questionnaire, which will then be reviewed by our specialists. If the applicant is a fit for the program, they will receive an invitation via email to start their membership by submitting their $50 donation-for-service via the supplied PurrHarmony PayPal link. Our specialists will then carefully select cats in care (most not yet available on the website) that are a good fit for the applicants home based on information provided in the profile questionnaire. Applicants have the option of declining cats that are deemed a match or if they do decide to pursue adoption, they will be put in touch with the appropriate foster who will then help further determine of the applicant and their home are truly a perfect match. If the applicant and foster are happy with the match they will finalize the adoption process, thus concluding the PurrHarmony membership. If the cat does not turn out to be a match, the PurrHarmony team will continue looking for a match until membership expires.
The finer points:
- Kittens under 6 months of age and rare breed cats are not eligible for PurrHarmony matching.
- PurrHarmony gives members a “first look” at cats that are behind the scenes in care, however that does not mean “first dibs”.
- Cats will not be held for an unlimited time for any members. Responses regarding matches will be expected within 48 hours unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Specialists will do their best to respond to members within 48 hours.
- We cannot guarantee a match to your home due to variables involved regarding preferences, conditions in the home, cats’ personalities and available cats in care … but the PurrHarmony team will do their absolute best to try to find a great match.
- Membership is on an individual basis and not guaranteed. There is a $50 non-refundable donation-for-service per membership, which concludes at the time of adoption of one cat (or a bonded pair) or at 6 months from the beginning of membership.
- Membership may be terminated at any time by PurrHarmony/SPCR or by the member via email. Please remember, your $50 fee is a donation to PurrHarmony/SPCR and is non-refundable.
- If you have a SPCR application approved and on file that is current (less than 6 months old), you may request a PurrHarmony profile questionnaire for membership. You may be asked to complete a new SPCR adoption application to coincide with your PurrHarmony profile questionnaire.
- Members do have right of refusal, meaning any cats offered to be a match may be declined by a member and the matchmaking specialist will continue to search out matches based on member preferences.
- PurrHarmony specialists will strive to make a perfect match during the membership period. We are unable to guarantee a certain number of matches per membership due to variables such as member preferences and cats that are available.
- PurrHarmony is a SPCR program run by volunteers. All donations resulting from memberships go directly to SPCR, not PurrHarmony.
- Terms may be changed by PurrHarmony/SPCR at any time.
If you have any questions, please email PurrHarmony@purebredcatrescue.org.