You don’t have to open your house as a foster home to aid these critters – though that is always appreciated! Here are some suggestions that will benefit the cats and the foster homes who do care for them.
- Please educate your friends and families to NEVER buy cats (or dogs!) from pet stores or backyard breeders. A huge percentage of the cats that arrive at this rescue come from bad breeders, profiting from the misery of animals. Breeders who care about their cats do not sell to pet stores (same for dogs of course). Please see our “Kitten Mills” page.
- Adopt a cat (or two!) or refer others to this site who may be looking for something special.
- Coupons or gift cards for cat food are always appreciated. Brands we usually buy are: Royal Canin Persian Formula, IAMS dry, and Friskies canned. Coupons for clay cat litter are also appreciated.
- Direct donations of food, including Hills Prescription Diet A/D (used for sick/recovering cats)
- Direct donations of clay cat litter
- A direct donation to SPCR through Google Checkout. Click the “Donate” button below and you will be able to send donations directly to our rescue. Since we are an official 501c3 non-profit, all donations are tax-deductible! Donate!
You are also welcome to send a donation in the mail. For our address, please contact us.
- We are linked with iGive which donates a percentage of online sales from major businesses to registered causes. You can do this by going to iGive.com and we could receive as much as 26% of your purchase!
- Go to GoodSearch.com
- Type Specialty Purebred Cat Rescue into the “I support” box and click on “Verify”
- Search the Internet just like you would with any search engine (GoodSearch shares its advertising revenue with charities and schools. Every time you search the Internet at GoodSearch, you’ll be earning money for us.)
- If you shop at Pick ‘n Save, your Advantage Card can help us! Go to your store’s customer service desk and register our card with our number: 723755 . Then every time you use your Advantage Card, a percentage of your purchase is donated to us.
10. We have a Wish List on Amazon.com! Want to get something this rescue really needs? Take a look at our Wish List at http://amzn.com/w/1MY2W3LIEKT3K and it will be sent directly to us for the cats!